UNDER THE GATE








Sometimes when Mother takes me for a  short walk, she lets Ari and Izzy stay outside. Every time we come back they are watching from under the gate.

It was Moula who taught me and I taught Ari and she taught Izzy about watching from the gate.
We push the piece of board down and lay on the bricks and just have our noses out so that we can see
and  smell what is happening beyond the gate.

There were worker in the house this morning, Mother said they were fixing  our water. The funny thing is none of us even barked at them. We were in the bedroom  waiting.....usually Moula would start barking when they rang the bell. Ari looked at me and I looked at her and Izzy looked at both of us- but none of us barked.

Even when they came back and we were not in the bedroom- we just greeted them quietly. I know Mother was confused.....

We had chewing bones after they finally left the house and the sun was trying to shine through the clouds.



Mother took each one of us for a walk and Izzy said she actually got to play with Big Jack on the road.
When we passed his house- he peered through the window in the same way we watch from under the fence but her did not bark at us. Mother says it is because he loves us.

I suppose we are all watching life from under the gate.  And sometimes not barking when we should bark. I think the thing to do is to sometimes get beyond the gate  and make sure people know we mean business when we bark.

Moula always took care of everything and every one. WE still have a long way to go in this  "new Normal"  But I promise her- we are trying every day to be more like Moula.





May Your days be filled with peace my friends...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OH! SO MANY TOWELS ON THE FLOOR!

THE BEANS FIRST VET VISIT

THE DAY OF DEAFENING QUIET