THE DAY OF DEAFENING QUIET

It all happened so fast. We did not know, I did not know. No one really knew but Souris knew. She knew it was her time to run free and find her Moula.
                                                    
 My name is Arabella Castellabate . I am Souris sister by association. I am named after my Mum's grandfather's town in Italy. I am Mother to eleven puppies including Izzy, Mia and Raven. Mia is actually related to Souris. It is with a broken heart that I take the reins of the blog from Souris. I hope I can honour her with my writing.
It was just like any other morning though it was raining still. Mother gave us chewing bones before she went to school.
Souris wrote her blog and slept on all the rugs that Mum and Dad put on the floors to help Souris not slip.
I stood and watched Mum and Dad talk and get upset and a phone call and I knew I was losing my sister.
Mum and Dad snuggled and comforted all of us.

Souris assured us she would be in a better place soon. I am not so sure because any place that is not here with us cannot be a better place.
Auntie Denise and Uncle Bob came to see Souris and we stayed very quiet- listening.

Souris looked around her kitchen one more time.
Then off into the storm they went. They were gone for a long time.

When Mum and Dad came home, they took me aside and said that Souris was calm and happy and asked that I take over the blog. I went and hid in the bedroom for al long time.

I told Izzy and Mia ad Raven and they were very silent too. Dusty did not understand
She kept looking for and asking when her great Auntie Sou sou would come home.
We are all very lost in this deafening quiet.

Run free my sweet sweet Souris Malo. Until we meet again. 1/29/2008- 4/3/2024
Ciao for now my friends...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OH! SO MANY TOWELS ON THE FLOOR!

THE BEANS FIRST VET VISIT